Monday, February 15, 2010

And Then There Were Numbers

When I first gave thought to table numbers,I really didn't give them much thought at all. I thought I would probably just get tent style table numbers and call it a day.

That was until I actually bought them and put one together and immediately hated how boring they looked. This is were my mind went into hyper-drive. Not a fan of waisting money, I thought "what can I do to elaborate on these"?

First thing was first. NO TENT STYLE TABLE NUMBERS. It looked so cheap. So, I cut the table numbers in half and cut the bottoms, where you fold them into tents, off. Whew! They looked better already.

After that, I started playing around with a design in Microsoft Word. Adding "table number" at the top, our names to one side, our wedding date to the other side and a cute little quote at the bottom. It looked so much better and so cute!! Still not enough tho. So, I added a strip of ribbon across the top. Still not enough!! So, I added a damask background from damask paper I had leftover from our DIY invites. It was almost there!! Just one more thing...bling! I love, love, love bling so I added crystals an put them on the cute lil "love" holders that I ordered from www.exclusivelyweddings.com and wa la!! They were finally done!! I heart my table numbers!!


2 comments:

  1. I love these, they are so fun and chic. I wish we did table numbers here :( but we don't lol. I am thinking of doing something similar since we are having a plated reception to let the waiters know who has what (steak, chicken, or fish) but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...that's a good idea!! And thank you.

    ReplyDelete