Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Totes of the Town: Part 3: MOHs Done!

So in Totes of the Town: Part 2, I was trying to decide if I wanted to do the personalization with or without the flowers. Well I decided to use the flowers because well, they were just so darn cute and without the flowers it looked so plain.

The process was fairly easy and quicker than I thought. I had already created the design in Microsoft Word and now all I had to do was open the file reverse the whole design so that it looked backwards on the screen, print it on the iron-on transfer paper, cut them out and then iron them on the totes.

The next thing I did was add *bling* because it's me of course and to me it's not complete without a little bit of bling. So carefully I positioned a tiny rhinestone on the curls of each letter and even tinier ones in the center of the flowers on the names, carefully lay a piece of fabric over it as not to disturb the placement of the stones (the fabric is to protect the iton-on transfer as it well melt from direct contact with the iron), and then pressed the fabric for about 10-15 seconds, removed the strip of fabric and there was the bling!

And here they are in all their glory:






Next step: The Bride's Tote. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. 3 MOHs I thought I was OTT with 2! That's pretty awesome though they all turned out great..what a cute idea...I am excited to start using my YUDU so I can make my ladies some shirts and other personalized cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... that is very, very cute. You did a great job. I did totes for my wedding a few years ago. (Wish I would have thought to add some bling - dern it.) The good thing is that people really do use them!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveis: All of my girls are so special to me and have been there for me so there was no way I could say one of them was a Maid of Honor and the other two weren't. No way no how. So yea, I have three Maids of Honor and they all deserve that title. Ya know? Thanx for the compliments on the bags!!

    African-American: Thank you so much. I love bling!! My MOH is the tote queen so I know she'll probably use hers til the straps fall off. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erica: EDIT: I meant to say one of my MOHs (Brandy) is the tote queen.

    ReplyDelete