Tuesday, February 16, 2010

This Time We're Gonna Go Back....

Wwwwaaaayyyy back! (And a little into the now with some of our engagement photos!)

J and I met on myspace.com. I always say their slogan is "a place for friends" but for us is was "the place to meet the love of your life".



Back then I was so not into the whole meeting people online craze. I had been hearing so many horror stories here in my city. One girl met up with a guy she talked to online and the guy and his couisn rapped her and stole her car. That was enough to scare the daylights out of little old me.



When he first messaged me I totally ignored him but he was very persistent and so finally I responded. I remember typing "do you ever give up?" Lol. And I remember his response being "nope". From there we talked constantly online and then about a week later we exchanged telephone numbers and then met in person and ever since then we've been pretty much inseperable.



When we first started dating I was a wreck, just out of a tumultuous relationship to say the least. I was testy, somewhat cold and had trust issues because of my past relationships. I had been through so much heartbreak. I had a my heart in a block of ice. I was angry and it took him a while to get me to let my guard down even just a little bit. The moment I realized that I was falling in love, I did everything short of cheating that I could to push him away but he stayed and he fought the battle against the past relationship demons that had a hold of me. He loved me totally and unconditionally and soon that block of ice was just a puddle of water, he healed my heart and 3 months later we found out we were pregnant. I wasn't sure how he would feel but he was totally on board and that next May our son was born. He came early at 32 weeks scaring the holy crap out of the two of us but still he was so perfect and so tiny, only weighing 4 pounds 11 ounces. And so began our family.



The past two years and nine months (the current age of our son) have had their downs (we lost two babies to miscarriage and I almost lost my life during surgery) but have been mostly up with lots of travel and accomplishments. I look back at the story of us and I see how much I've grown and how blessed I am.



I'm so grateful for the life that I lead today. I couldn't have hand picked a better man, father, bestfriend, lover, provider, confidant and husband to be. I can not wait for June 19th, 2010!

And thats the shortened story of us. M & J.

And for added fun here's our little man....AJ!!

6 comments:

  1. AJ is adorable! I met M online as well lol and we met briefly in person about 3 months after our initial meeting and then again in person six months later and have been inseperable ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank girl! I'm glad we're not the only one with an online love story:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is a sweet story....we met on Myspace too!! FI found me and was persistent enough with his smooth lines. I definately was like you and was not sure about this random guy at first, but with each IM and phone conversation I began to think something was there and the rest is history :)...I was actually planning to write our how we met story pretty soon because it's quite funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and my fiance met online too, back in 2000! Hit it off right wawy but timing just wasnt right. We lost contact for 4 years and then got reaquainted... ON MYSPACE! LOL Our wedding date is 10/10/10! congrats on your baby he is cute! Our son is just over 2, and we are expecting baby#2 in May. =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx Becky!! And congrats to you as well. I hope to get prego with baby #2 on my honeymoon. Lol.

    ReplyDelete