Thursday, February 4, 2010

Damask Makes A Stand

I was looking for a way to elevate two of my candy buffet dishes since four of them are basically the same height.

Then I thought that I would love, love, love to create some sort of damask stand to put two of them on. But how? So I took a trip to my favorite store. Where else but Michaels. That place is like like a DIY brides best friend. So anywho, I'm cruising the store when i come across this totally awesome damask wrapping paper! The wheels in my mind were turning hard what can I do with this. Then aha!!

And my damask stands where born...



What I used...

1 Doll of damask Wrapping Paper
2 Gift Boxes (sizes of your choosing)
Double Sided Tape
Grosgrain Ribbon (should match your wedding colors)
Crystals
Hot Glue Gun
Packaging Tape

You simply assemble the boxes.
Wrap them thoroughly in the packaging tape....this helps make them sturdy.
Wrap them in the wrapping paper using the double sided tape so that no tape is showing.
Make a band around the boxes using the grosgrain ribbon. Use your hot glue gun to secure the bands in place and ensure that they don't slip off.
Make two bows using the remainder of your ribbon. Add the bows in the place of your choosing with the hot glue gun.
Place a tiny tot of glue in the center of the bow and add your crystal.

And you're done! Simple right? And so cute! Feel free to use this and if you do please post pics and let me see yours. Tootles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment