Sunday, March 7, 2010

Airbrush Me Beautiful

Airbrush makeup, the stars having been doing this for years. It's how they get that perfect look. I don't care how many makeup lines they endorse, they're being airbrushed.

I opted to have this sort of makeup done for my wedding. After searching feverishly as there are not that many makeup artist in Milwaukee, Wisconsin who do this, I finally found Britney Schneider. I looked over her website (www.blushbybritney.com) thouroughly and it all looked great but there was only one problem no women of color so, I emailed her and asked her quite simply if she had ever worked with any women of color. She emailed me back almost right away and stated that she had however, none of the brides had ever released any photos to her and thus the reason there were none on her site. Crisis averted much to my relief.

I had my makeup trial back in January and I loved it!! I mean I loved it! It was beautiful and glam and just what I wanted. After she left my home that day, I started wondering how I could get that look on a much smaller scale for my day to day wear and then, I saw the infomercial for Luminess Air. In case you haven't seen it, Luminess Air is an at home airbrush makeup system.

I am the biggest skeptic when it comes to products on infomercials but recently have lighted up after buying a Presto Pizzaz Pizza Over which I absolutely love and the Strap-Perfect bra strap thingies, love those to. So Last month I ordered a Luminess Air (www.luminessair.com). It looked easy enough on the infomercials. Sidenote: This system is much cheaper if you order from the Home Shopping Netework's website, which is where I ordered my system.



It came rather quickly and I let it sit for about a week and a half til today. I watched the informational DVD and then went to town. They send you about 5-6 foundation shades and you must airbrush each one on the inside of your arm to find your perfect match. I must say that I am satisfied with the results. My skin is fairly oily and appears oily with any makeup I use. However, just dusting my face lightly with a loose finishing powder always corrects that issue. I believe that I made a great purchase.

Now don't get confused, I am still using my Makeup Artist Britney for my wedding day but I do believe that the Luminess Air is great for daily wear.

Before


After

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete