Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Dressed to Impress: The One

I just realized that I haven't posted my dress yet. Before I do, let me warn those that hate dresses with pickups that I love them and my dress is full of them!!

When i first went dress shopping, I was so sure that I knew what I wanted. Ball gown, sparkle, strapless and layers upon layers of tulle. This is the dress that I thought would trump all dresses. I loved this dress even back years ago when I myself was a bridal consultant at David's Bridal and was extatic to see them bring it back last year.



Well I was wrong. Omg! Did I just admit to being wrong about something. Yep well, I was. I didn't like it all. The day I tried it on, I found out that the poofy ball gown was not for me at all. I liked the A-line gowns so much more and the satin gowns with the pickups just stood out.

When I tried on "the one" I knew it right away. I felt so much different in it than all the other dresses that I tried on plus the fact that I didn't want to take it off. I paid for it that day and took it home.

Here's the model wearing it, doing it no justice:



And then here's me:





Oh how I love her. I've had this dress for over a year now. I had dress doubts for a minute because I hadn't looked at it for a while but then I pulled it out to show my MIL and fell in love all over again. I'm happy with her and can't wait to wear her on my day!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the attitude pose with your hands on your hips...it's like you are saying "I own this dress and it's mine" It looks great on you and is super flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loveisyouloveisus: Thanx!! That probably was my attitude that day! Lol.

    ReplyDelete