Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love in Roses

Remember my post about no liking the flowers that I had ordered? Well I ordered the flowers I initially loved and they are perfect. I should've ordered them in the first place. A huge lesson on how not to second guess yourself. Lesson learned.

I was excited when the new/old flowers arrived and couldn't wait to get started with arrangements. I had new ideas for the look of my arrangements which included feathers! They arrived back in the middle of the week but I didn't have time to even touch them until yesterday. As I stated in "I'm back" my son was ill and I was busy nursing him back to health.

Unlike before, where I started with the centerpieces, this time I started with the bouquets and bouts. The crazy part about this situation is that I had already completed the bouts but with the new flowers, had to do them again so that they matched the bouquets. No biggie tho, I had new design ideas for the bouts anyway so it worked out.

The Bouquets....

I know, I know, you wan't to see pictures. I'm coming with that, hold on a sec. Lol. Keep in mind that the flowers are a deep apple red not pink as for some reason they look in the photos. Each maid of honor bouquet has a pearl pin at the center of each rose and pearl sprays. My bouquet has a crystal pin at the center of each flower and is accented by pearl flower pins and black feathers. All bouquet handles have been wrapped in my now infamous black and white damask fabric and black ribbon has been arranged at the base of the bell.

Maids of Honor Bouquets:






Bridal Bouquet:







Note: Since I took these photos, I have moved the feathers in the middle down lower on the bouquet which looks much better.

The Bouts

All the bout vases were covered in damask fabric. The first pic is of all the best men's bouts which are accented my pearls to match the maid of honor bouquets. The last two pics are of my hubby to be's (on the left) and my son's (on the right), which are accented by cystals and feathers. The hubby to be's is also accented by a pearl flower pin like in my bouquet.



No comments:

Post a Comment